First for Everything

Michael feel asleep in his high chair for the first time ever this morning. He woke up earlier than usual to the sound of the lawn mower outside (it was a surprisingly cool evening last night so we had the windows open). I fed him some breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen while he finished up.

1st time I looked over at him I thought: He sure is being quiet and good. He doesn't really look hungry anymore.
2nd time I say him yawn and thought: Oh he must be tired still.
3rd time: I'll just finish these last dishes in the sink and get him back to bed.
4th time: Whoops. Too late. Already asleep.

So then I debated whether or not to take him out of the high chair. First of all he was a mess still. If I wiped him off, I was sure he'd awake. Secondy, I figured the high chair probably wasn't all that comfortable. Third, he must be pretty tired to fall asleep in there. He'll probably keep sleeping if moved. A little crumbs in the crib can't hurt anything. Right? Wrong thinking. By the time I made it up the stairs and into his room, I could tell he was too awake to lie peacefully in there if I laid him down. Then taking him into my bed didn't work either. He was bright eyed and bushy tailed by the time I laid down next to him. Oh well. Guess his little 5 minute nap in the high chair was sufficient. Over were my dreams of a peaceful morning getting some things done a little earlier. Next time he falls alseep in his high chair, I think I'll leave him in there.