Thundersnow

Today I experienced thundersnow for the first time.  It was lightning and thundering while it was snowing.  I happened to be a friend's house at the time and I had no idea why she kept calling it thundersnow.  I've never even heard of such a thing.  It was awesome.  Her house has big windows overlooking a few acres so it was the perfect place to be for such a storm.  We got a few inches of beautiful snow and even went outside to play in it.  The thing about Minnesota snow is that we get a lot of it and it sticks on the ground for months, but it is rarely warm enough to go out and actually play in it.  But when it snows in Februrary here, apparetly that is the best time because usually it warms up enough to go out and play.  We tried to build a snowman in the snow today but managed just a little one.  I shoveled my front walkway today for the first time too.  Usually the association takes care of it, but Mikey wanted to play outside and I figured it was about time I try it out for myself.  I have a great neighbor and we share the front walkway and she always out shoveling it.  I guess I can check that off my things I've done in this life list: "I've shoveled a entryway."  It's about time.  Guess that's what I get for living in Texas my whole life.  
Well, here are a few pictures of what Dan has been up to for medical school this week:
One of our El Salvadorian commando escorts
Rosales Hospital Infectious Disease Ward, San Salvador, El Salvador

He's got one adventurous life.  We can't wait for him to get back.  It's so quiet without him.  Oh, and Dan got his citizenship too.  We went up to the cities for the little initiation ceremony before he headed to Central America.  He began appling for citizenship when we got married.  Let's see, that only been what... about 5 years!  It's crazy how hard they make it to become American.  Those of us who were born here shouldn't take it for granted.  He can now vote and enlist in the army.  Congrats Dan.  Our kids get automatic Canadian citizenship on the other hand.