Time is just flying by. After you have a baby, it seems like everything is just a blur for the first few weeks. We've had extra visitors and excitement at our house too. My sister and her husband came up to visit us from Louisiana evacuating from hurricane Gustave. Thankfully their house was not destroyed but their neighborhood was hit hard. The 91 mph winds tore up all of the big 20-30 ton oak trees down their street and left a mess. Here are a few pictures from their neighborhood.



Well, David is the sweetest baby ever- rarely cries and is just content to be here. It is so nice. Mikey has been so sweet lately too and loves to hold Davey and lay down next to him. We find him saying, "Hi David" in this cute little voice many times a day. It is so much fun to have 2 little boys.
David's delivery went very smoothly. I started contractions at about 2am on the 26th. We reached the hospital about 3:30am and they hooked me up to the monitors - told me that it was most likely a false alarm since my membranes had been stripped the day before and were ready to send me home. When they finally checked me I was dilated to a 5 and they admitted me right away. They had me so worried for a while, making me think I wasn't really in labor. The epidural was nice and once I started pushing the baby came very quickly; so quickly that a 3rd year medical student delivered David (had Dan been scrubbed in, he would've). The doctor on call thought for sure I had a while to push and so he kept on leaving. The nurse kept calling him back in, but he kept leaving. And then the baby was here. I wasn't worried at all and thought it was pretty amusing. Glad there were no complications or anything. If anything, I'm sure it made that medical student's day. Afterwords we had about 6 people come in helping with everything so I still felt well taken care of. Mayo really has great facilities and my experience here was really positive. Seems like this recovery is going much better than with my first. Well, here are some more pictures for anyone interested.