Week 39 Progress Report

I had contractions for a few hours last night and we thought we were in for it. However, by 1pm they stopped. I thought for sure I'd wake up again for a trip to the hospital, but no. I'm still alive and waiting. Had a doctor's appointment today. The baby's head is really low, but that's about it. I've had all this pressure on my inner thigh- "That's the baby's head," said the doctor. Great. Never experienced that with Michael. She thinks once labor starts it'll go quickly so it's just a matter of beginning. She stripped the membranes a bit and then scheduled an induction date for September 10th (letting me know she didn't want to schedule it for 9/11- too much superstition). All I have to say is he better be outta me by then. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Dan has a quiz he's preparing for to be taken this Friday. He told me Friday night would be a perfect time for labor. Yeah, let me just put that on my calendar.