Smart Cookie

Yesterday Michael and I went upstairs to say hello to Dan who was studying in our bedroom. As we got upstairs it turned out Dan was asleep in front of his laptop, so we went back downstairs. I began finishing getting dinner ready and Michael decided to go back upstairs- this is a rarity- he generally always has to have me within sight. I was so pleased that he wanted to be with his Daddy.

A few minutes later I hear Dan talking to Michael and calling for me to come get him. I creep up the stairs to try to get an outside view of what is going on before they hear me, but too late- Michael hears me and runs over to the stairway. Instead of wanting me to pick him up however, he shuts the gate on me and then with the biggest grin on his face, waves for me to go away. He then runs back into the bedroom and tries to type on Dan's laptop keyboard. Apparently, he had been conniving and thought it would be the perfect time to come sabotage Dan's computer while he was asleep and I was downstairs cooking. What a smart little cookie.