Mayo Medical School

After months of debating where to go to medical school, we are excited to announce that we will be headed to Rochester, Minnestoa to Mayo Medical School . Yesterday was very exciting when we heard a message via voice mail from the the creme de la creme of all medical schools offering Dan a postion in the upcoming class - after calling twice with no answer, they decided to leave the good news in a message. They gave Dan a week to get back to them, however, I think it only took us a few hours to realize he couldn't pass up this opportunity. I am so proud of him!! We are super excited and now in the process of finding a place to live, booking a moving truck, and all those other fun things that go along with moving. It still feels sureal and hasn't quite set in. We've been about 90% certain we were going to UCSD and have had California on our minds for a while now. Needless to say, it will take a little while to get used to, but we feel good about Minnesota and Mayo Med School. I am sad to say goodbye to beautiful San Diego with the beach, zoo, and Seaworld (which I absolutely love). However, I am equally excited for some new adventures in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" and I can't complain about a bigger place to live- most likely featuring a washer, dryer and dishwasher. So, life is good and has some new adventures in store for us. Decision made, you would think we'd be able to sleep now, but with school starting July 23, things just got crazier as we lost a month of our Summer vacation. Guess we'll be vacationing in Rochester - and from the looks of it, I think we'll be pretty happy there.