A Beautiful Day

If you really know Michael, you know that he never falls asleep on his own. Once or twice he's fallen asleep in his highchair after eating but he is not one of those kids who just lays on the carpet, couch, or his bed for that matter and falls asleep. If you have one of those kids who crashes when they are tired, consider yourself lucky. Michael does not do that. Even if it's midnight and he's been up for hours. He doesn't want to miss one thing. Today, however was the breaking of a new era. I was starting to cook dinner at like 4:30pm or something and next thing I know it's unusually quite. I look over in the living room and find Michael zonked out.
Yes, I forgot that he brought me a chocolate topped ice cream cone as I was cooking and I must have said yes. Umm, I'm sure all the moms out there know what it's like to cook with kids at your heels. I'm a sucker for giving in to almost anything at this time of day. He slept the whole evening away and I just enjoyed the few hours off. I think we finally woke him around 7:00pm when he'd transitioned into this position cuddling up to the couch.
Looks absolutely wonderful. Simply beautiful. I love this kid.