Spring!

Spring is finally here and the bulbs I planted outside are finally blooming. Well, no flowers yet, but we can see the heads of the tulips and greens of the others. Yeah! I was worried they might have a hard time coming up through the rocks, but so far not too many problems. Where the rocks were a little bit thicker the flowers seem to be coming up a bit slower, but I've been uncovering them and they seem alright. When I went outside a few days ago, I found this as I looked down at my bulbs:
I had no idea what the furry thing was at first and thought it might be some scary dead rodent or squirrel, but as we looked closer we realized it was a baby bunny. It had curled up underneath one of the tulip leaves. He just laid there until Dan nudged him with the broom. We tried feeding it some greens, but I don't think he ate any of it. Might have been too tiny and still on the milk diet.
Michael was so cute and after I told him the bunny was scared, he kept saying he was scared too. He was really interested in it until it started hoping towards him. Then Michael just ran into the house saying "scared." So cute. I was a little worried about the bunny after he was still sitting among the flowers that evening, but the next morning he was gone. Hope he found his way back home. I can't help thinking this is like some little story out of a picture book though. A bunny in the tulip garden. No wonder where they get their ideas.

And as we were eating dinner out on the porch tonight, we happened to see about 7 bunnies hopping around and chasing each other; running back and forth across the street and into the little woods next to the bike bath. Really fun. I've never lived anywhere with wild rabbits. Michael loves it along with the rest of us.