Whitest December in a Decade

So apparently Minnesota now has the most snow it has had in December in over a decade. The entire state is at least covered in 3 inches of snow. Awesome! We have about 1.5 feet here and it seems like more since those 1.5 feet have been plowed and are now piled up around town to 3 feet plus. At the dance studio parking lot where I teach there is a pile towering 20 feet. I've been learning to drive in ice and we've had our fair share of skidding and sliding around. They take really good care of the roads here, but there is only so much they can do when it's snowing non-stop all day. Michael loves the snow. The little coat I got him doesn't quite fit up around his neck- I am not sure if the coat is too small or if his head is just too big (I have a hunch it is the later since the sleeves on it are still baggy), so I think I still need to get him a scarf or something for around his nose. However, then he wouldn't be able to stick his face down into the snow and take bites out of it. He loves to taste it and repeatedly says "yum, yum" after every face plant.

This is our little snowman we made- the snow just won't stick.