Autumn Time

Today was a beautiful, beautiful fall day. We woke up to an inch of frost covering the ground and roof tops. Then it warmed up, the sun came out, and there was a nice breeze perfect for blowing all the leaves around. There are a million leaves everywhere now and the colors are absolutely beautiful. I heard on the radio last week that this past weekend was the peak time for seeing all the fall colors. We went to 2 local park this afternoon to celebrate the season. The first one was super windy- Dan pretended to study while Mikey and I played. With too much wind, we decided to try out another park - Essex Park, one with more trails and scenery. Rochester has so many parks, it's great. Michael didn't really care to play too much in the leaves, but enjoyed walking around and crunching them. He was somewhat interested in lying in the leaves and looking up at all the yellow leaves against the sky. We were basically the only ones at the park so it was nice. We did happen to see two guys get out of their car with some big kits in their hands. I was not sure what they were up to until Dan told me that they were carrying bow and arrows. Cool. Guess we'll have to pick up that sport sometime later.


I am trying something new... Instead of uploading all my the pictures separately, I have grouped them together on 1 or 2 pages (well, I ended up putting together a scrapbook page with the top one). What do you think? Prefer them individually or all in one layout? I'm not sure which I prefer yet. (If you want to see the pictures up close, just click on the image.)


Essex Park right before sundown. Looks like a picture out of a book, eh? Minnesota is so beautiful.