Scrapbooking Digitally

Ever since being introduced to it, I have taking an interest in digital scrapbooking. I have never been a big scrapbook junkie- although I would like to be. I tried to make a book of our honeymoon and let's face it - it's in a box somewhere in the garage still half finished. Guess I'm just not that artistic. I need lots of cool stickers, ribbons, and alphas to make my scrapbook pages look cool. The little black sketch book I bought is too small and I just didn't spend the time or money buying cute things to put in the book to make it presentable. But that's besides the point.

Digital scrapbooking doesn't require me to have any of that stuff or spend any money. There are a million "freebies" on the internet including paper, elements, alphas, templates, and quick pages (meaning all you have to do is add your photos). I just download all the free stuff on the web and add it to my collection. I think I spend more time on this (finding and downloading things) than actually creating pages. But when I do feel like creating or designing something I have more than enough "supplies" and can spend forever on one layout. It is really fun to use photoshop and create scrapbook pages- there is no mess and it makes me feel artsy. I think it fulfills that side of me that wants to create once in a while. And on a practical note, we have way too many digital pictures and haven't printed hardly any of them (if any). If I make a layout, then I can choose how many pictures per page and I don't have to print the pictures out one at a time.

I have yet to personally print out any of the pages I have created, but I have seen others' and surprisingly they look real- like a real scrapbook with texture and buttons and cutesy stuff. In case you have no idea what I am talking about, below are a few pages I've created. So as not to endlessly bore everyone on this topic, please ask me if you want more details. I'd be more than happy that you want to share in my new found hobby. :)