Butterfly Beauties

Apparently Rochester is known to have several species of butterflies. I read in a local magazine about an activity last month where the community could help count how many were out and about. We missed that (because I forgot about it) but today I think Mikey and I saw some of the most beautiful butterflies ever. We were out playing in his little, well big, swimming pool and he stoped playing to look at this big black and yellow butterfly flying nearby (good thing he noticed it). I've never seen one so beautiful and big except at like Moody Gardens in Galveston where you pay to see them in the man-made rainforest. Michael was fascinated and kept pointing to them. After a while we saw about 4 or 5 different ones flying around. So beautiful. One butterfly found a nice place on the grass and sat there for a while; long enough for me to get some pictures. You can barely see the yellow underneath his wings, but the blue and yellow mix with his wing flutter was so pretty. Michael wasn't very happy that I wouldn't give him the camera after he saw me taking pictures of the butterfly. He was chasing me and crying as I tried to take a few shots of him with his new pool. We'll have to get some better shots of him playing in the pool another time -when he's happy and not ready for his afternoon nap.